Machine & Operator Safety
Operations & Management
10 vacuum handling safety tips from Anver
July 27, 2015 by Anver
Jun. 29, 2015 – June is National Safety Month and Anver Corp. is demonstrating its commitment to help reduce accidental injuries at work by reminding those who operate vacuum lifters to always practice preventative maintenance and best safety practices.
Anver has these 10 suggestions to ensure safe vacuum handling use:
1. Never attempt to operate a lifter until you read and understand the user’s guide.
2. Always practice routine maintenance according to the recommended schedule for your lifter, and keep an inspection, testing, and maintenance log.
3. Do not operate a malfunctioning lifter or one with an “Out of Order” tag.
4. Do not use lifters for purposes other than designated ones.
5. Make sure every load is free of dirt, debris, straps, etc. for an optimal vacuum pad grip.
6. Make an initial attach and slight lift. Check that your vacuum is to spec and holding tight at a solid vacuum level with no leakage. Once confirmed, continue to pick and place the load.
7. Ensure your load is balanced as it is lifted and that vacuum pads have an equal load.
8. Handle the crane hoist in a steady, smooth manner and minimize abrupt movements.
9. Never lift or transport loads over personnel. Make sure you and all persons are clear of the load while lifting and maneuvering it.
10. Replace labels that do not clearly display instructions, cautionary information, or pictograms. Do not use a lifter when capacity, weight, or safety markings are missing.
Founded in 1968, Anver is a North American manufacturer offering a range of vacuum handling products from miniature vacuum suction cups and vacuum pumps to complete Mill-Duty Vacuum Lifting Systems.