Winners honoured for leadership in Canada’s green building community
June 27, 2011 | By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC ) recently honoured the winners of the 2011 CaGBC Leadership Awards. Seven categories are recognized, including: chapter leadership; government leadership; industry leadership; CaGBC volunteer; green building champion; academic leadership; and lifetime achievement.
The 2011 CaGBC Leadership Award winners are:
1. Chapter Leadership – Cindy Choy, CaGBC Manitoba Chapter, Manitoba
2. Government Leadership – Province of Ontario
3. Industry Leadership – Michael Brooks, REALPac, Ontario
4. CaGBC Volunteer – Curt Hepting, Enersys, British Columbia
5. Green Building Champion – John Godden, Clearsphere Consulting, Ontario
6. Academic Leadership – Dr. John Robinson, UBC, British Columbia
7. Lifetime Achievement Award – Wayne Trusty, The Athena Institute, Ontario
The awards were presented at a gala in Toronto, sponsored by electrical components and systems provider Eaton Corporation, a long-time member and supporter of CaGBC.
The CaGBC is a national industry organization advancing green building practices for livable communities. It represents more than 2,300 member organizations involved in the design, construction and operation of buildings.
- Ontario’s solar industry growing with launch of new solar products provider
- Avior signs $40 million aircraft parts deal with Bombardier; will create 30 jobs