Fluke Corporation recalls digital clamp meters
February 1, 2013 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Fluke Corporation is voluntarily recalling certain digital clamp meters that were manufactured between Sept. 1, 2010 and Oct. 31, 2012.
The recall covers certain Fluke 373, 374, 375, and 376 digital clamp meters. The printed circuit assembly in these units may not be properly fastened to the test lead input jack. This may result in inaccurate voltage readings, including a low or no voltage reading on a circuit energized with a hazardous voltage, presenting a shock, electrocution, or thermal burn hazard.
This voluntary recall involves Fluke digital clamp meters with the model and serial numbers listed below. Any serial number preceded or followed by the letter “R” is not affected by this recall notice.
The models include:
• 376, manufactured between September 2010 and February 2011, starting with serial # 14270001 and ending with serial # 15909999
• 375, manufactured between September 2010 and March 2011, starting with serial # 14270001 and ending with serial # 16079999
• 374, manufactured between October 2010 and February 2011, starting with serial # 14270001 and ending with serial # 16379999
• 373, manufactured between October 2010 and October 2012, starting with serial # 14270001 and ending with serial # 21950000
If you own one of these clamp meters, please stop using it immediately and send it back to Fluke for repair. If someone else within your organization is the primary use of the Fluke 37X series clamp meter or is responsible for responding to recall notices, please pass this notice along to the appropriate person. Please send only the clamp meter; any test leads/boxes/manuals that are sent with the unit will NOT be returned. To contact Fluke Canada for information on how to have your units repaired, either:
• Visit www.fluke.com/37x-recall to register your affected product online as part of the recall. Once your information is complete and you click “submit,” a postage-paid mailing envelope will be sent to you within two business days. Use this envelope to return your clamp meter to Fluke for repair. Your clamp meter will be sent back to you when repairs are complete.
• Send a request for a postage paid mailing envelope to email@example.com
• Call 800-36FLUKE (800-363-5853) for information and to request a postage-paid mailing envelope be sent to you.