Ontario launches the province’s first integrated health and safety strategy
December 16, 2013 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Ontario’s Ministry of Labour has developed the province’s first integrated strategy to prevent injuries and improve the delivery of workplace health and safety.
Developed in consultation with business, labour groups, health and safety associations and everyday Ontarians, the government heard from more than 1,250 consultation participants and received 220 responses to the consultation paper released on March 18, 2013.
The strategy will guide the Ministry of Labour in setting priorities to prevent injuries and create a culture where health and safety is at the centre of every workplace.
The strategy includes actions to:
• support small businesses with new resources to keep workers safe;
• ensure that all workers, especially those most at risk, receive the help they need;
• make the delivery of health and safety services more effective and efficient;
• raise awareness among Ontarians about ways to stay safe and healthy at work; and
• foster compliance with workplace health and safety regulations.