Fluke unveils app that wirelessly connects test tools
May 13, 2014 by Mary Del
Fluke recently unveiled an app that allows maintenance technicians to wirelessly transmit measurement data from their test tools to their smart phones for secure storage on the Cloud and universal team access from the field, and Manufacturing AUTOMATION was invited to Chicago, Ill., for an exclusive media preview.
The Fluke Connect system allows more than 20 Fluke tools to connect wirelessly with the app, including digital multimeters, infrared cameras, insulation testers, process meters, and specific voltage, current and temperature models.
“Fluke Connect is the largest system of connected tools,” explained Sal Parlatore, vice-president of worldwide marketing, during an interview at the launch event. “What it enables techs to do on the floor is to capture images in real time, share those images and measurements with colleagues, [and] also record those measurements to a Cloud-based system, based on equipment. So what that enables you to do is to track records and thermal images and measurements over time, across shifts, across facilities, by equipment type.”
Applications include testing production line equipment and production controls with wireless tools, allowing users to get historical information, identify and diagnose problems quickly and then share those results with different members of the team.
“Less walking [and] more decisions, all made from the field,” Parlatore said.
Some of Fluke Connect’s features, according to the company, include:
• Technicians can AutoRecord measurements and infrared images to Fluke Cloud storage from wherever they’re working, without writing anything down. Everyone on the team with a smart phone and the app can see the data.
• ShareLive video calls allow technicians to share measurements with other team members in real time, get approvals for repairs or get questions answered without leaving the field.
• EquipmentLog history allows technicians to assign measurements to specific equipment, creating a Cloud-based history of test measurement data for easy access during both troubleshooting and reliability maintenance.
• TrendIt enables technicians to instantly graph data, helping to identify trends and quickly make informed decisions.
• Fluke Cloud storage is built upon state-of-the-art security, including secure access, electronic surveillance, multi-factor access control systems, built-in firewalls, and encrypted data storage.
The Fluke Connect app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.