Top 10 trends in 2017 demand-driven manufacturing: Synchrono
Digitization, synchronization and visibility emerge as key themes
December 22, 2016 | By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Dec. 22, 2016 – Synchrono, a provider of demand-driven manufacturing software, has released its list of 2017 top ten trends in modern demand-driven manufacturing. The list is based on interactions with hundreds of manufacturers and industry experts addressing challenges, innovation and technologies associated with manufacturing digitization, visibility and synchronization.
The company describes demand-driven manufacturing as a method of manufacturing typically used in discrete engineer-to-order (ETO), make-to-order (MTO, build-to-order (BTO) and make-to-stock (MTS) manufacturing environments where production is based on actual demand (orders or consumption) rather than a forecast. It combines Lean manufacturing, Constraints Management and Six Sigma principles to “synchronize activities, improve production flow, eliminate waste, and drive on time delivery.”
The following list, according to Synchrono, provides additional insight into why these concepts are gaining traction and how they will be implemented.
1. Digitizing the shop floor
2. Supply chain collaboration and visibly
3. Multi-plant, enterprise-wide visibility
4. Smart data, smart decisions — managing big and not so big data
5. Automating manual processes
6. Real-time communication
7. Compliance and traceability
8. Actionable metrics
9. Solutions vs. systems
10. Cloud technology; SaaS delivery
CLICK HERE to view the full report.
- Honeywell, Dover Energy Automation collaborate for asset integrity management
- Heavy duty vacuum disintegrates safety concerns, unscheduled downtime at Cianbro’s Massachusetts plant