IMTS 2018 on track to be largest ever
September 7, 2018 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
September 7, 2018 – The International Manufacturing Technology Show kicks off next week in Chicago at McCormick Place and is on track to be the largest in exhibit area in the event’s 91 year-history.
Among the highlights:
- The first-ever Hannover Messe USA, a co-located show presented in conjunction with Hannover Messe, one of the world’s largest trade fairs;
- Digital Factory, focusing on integrated processes and IT solutions for plant operations;
- IMTS Conference, featuring more than 72 sessions focused on manufacturing process innovations, additive/alternative manufacturing, plant operations, automation/robotics, Industry 4.0/IIoT and quality/inspection/metrology;
- Emerging Technology Centres, exploring current and future technologies in connectivity and additive manufacturing;
- Smartforce Student Summit, featuring hands-on challenges that focus on IIoT, five-axis machining, collaborative robotics, additive manufacturing, generative design, metrology and MTConnect, a communication standard for advanced manufacturing technology.
“A myriad of factors are bolstering the manufacturing technology market, and IMTS 2018 has expanded its exhibit space to accommodate the increased interest,” said Peter R. Eelman, vice-president, exhibitions and business development at the Association for Manufacturing Technology, which owns and produces IMTS.
“Factors include the exponential rate of technology advances, the need to use technology instead of manpower to boost productivity and the strongest manufacturing economy in a decade,” he said. “Businesses have more money and will continue boosting their investment in capital equipment and R&D. Coupled with higher consumer confidence, manufacturers need to increase production to meet strong demand.”
IMTS 2018 runs September 10-15.