RIC Centre announces new board of directors
November 29, 2018
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
November 29, 2018 – RIC Centre, the Southern Ontario business innovation hub and incubator, has announced a new board of directors.
Shirley Speakman, senior partner at Cycle Capital, steps into the role of chair after being on the board since 2015. She was previously the director of investments for the MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF). IAF is a $40M+ venture capital fund established by the Ontario government to invest in seed and early stage technology-oriented companies based in the province.
“The new board members strategically reflect RIC Centre’s priorities to support entrepreneurs and connect with industry in critical areas of IoT, cybersecurity, and investment,” says Speakman. “I’m excited about the new members and the value they with bring to RIC Centre programs. With the support of our new board members, RIC Centre is finalizing a new program to be launched in January that provides hands on how to launch a smart product.”
The other board members are:
- Trevor Bingham, field sales manager, Arrow Electronics
- Michael Castro, executive leader for cyber and information security risk management
- Michelle Chretien, director of the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies, Sheridan College
- Raymond Kingdon, managing director, Kingdon Communications
- Andrew Opala, chief technology officer, Simmons Sharpe Inc.
- Angelo Rizzo, president & CEO, Systems with Intelligence
- Closing the IoT gap: Q&A with Microsoft Azure IoT experts
- Microsoft Azure event shares IoT best practices, security updates and digital twins