Beckhoff releases TwinSAFE safety controllers for programmable applications
February 6, 2019
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
February 6, 2019 – Beckhoff Automation recently released the TwinSAFE safety controllers for adaptation to the specific safety requirements of individual machine concepts.
The new safety controllers are based on the established EL6910 TwinSAFE Logic terminal, and the TwinSAFE system can be adapted even more specifically to the exact requirements of a machine concept as well as to a broader spectrum of programmable safety applications.
The new I/O components include:
- EL1918 TwinSAFE EtherCAT Terminal: digital terminal with eight safe inputs
- EL2911 TwinSAFE EtherCAT Terminal: safe potential supply terminal with four safe inputs and one safe output
- EP1957-0022 TwinSAFE EtherCAT Box: IP67-protected digital combi module with eight safe inputs and four safe outputs
Like a dedicated controller, the safety project on the corresponding TwinSAFE I/O component can establish direct communication relationships with other safety-relevant devices and preprocess the data internally. This makes it possible to implement highly granular machine modules with distributed safety applications. The central safety controller, if it exists in the application scenario, only needs to process the data already accumulated.
The new customizing function enables each module to be configured into the following operating modes: temporary deactivation, permanent deactivation and passivation.
- Emerson completes acquisition of GE’s Intelligent Platforms
- Blocked merger between Siemens and Alstom a win for Bombardier, say analysts