Education & Training
Pilz Canada offers machine safety training certification in fall 2019
August 6, 2019 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
August 6, 2019 – Pilz Safety Automation Canada and technical certification specialist TUV NORD are offering several more courses in 2019 for their joint machine safety certification program.
CMSE (Certified Machinery Safety Expert) is a globally recognized qualification enabling a 360-degree approach to machinery safety.
CMSE training deals with the complex technical issues surrounding machinery safety and enables an understanding of the safety lifecycle – from legislation, standards and safeguarding techniques to a detailed review of functional safety areas.
CMSE training instructors have extensive experience in the field of machinery safety, and therefore have the ability to use application examples from past projects to ensure attendees gain theoretical and practical understanding.
The training is geared to those involved in the operation, maintenance, supervision or import of machinery, and is delivered in the form of five individual modules containing lectures, discussions and practical workshops. The course runs four days with an open-book examination on the last day. The examination establishes if the participant is able to apply the knowledge gained during the training to answer questions relating to relevant machinery safety issues. It also establishes that the participant has understood the content of the training and can recall the relevant requirements through the examination process.
Gaining certification enables attendees to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the requirements of the relevant regulations and standards
- Discover how these may be applied to the design, build, maintenance and operation of machinery
- Understand the obligations to be met when specifying, designing, constructing or putting machinery into service
- Manage projects from risk assessment to safety upgrade and implementation
- Design functional safety systems in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1
- Attain an internationally valid certificate from TUV NORD
Pilz Automation Safety Canada provides CMSE training courses in both English and in French. Two CMSE training instructors have trained more than 100 attendees for the last six years.
Pilz is offering a few remaining CMSE sessions in 2019: September 17–20 and November 19–22 at its new headquarters in Mississauga, Ont., and French training from October 15-18 in Montreal, Que.