To facilitate networking opportunities, the Canadian Conference included the industry showcase and welcome reception with tabletop displays by dozens of PTDA manufacturer members, informal networking, a golf outing and a schedule that included meals and breaks for members to interact with one another. Also, a sunset harbour cruise proved quite a draw as it afforded another chance for members to reconnect and enjoy the scenery in a casual and fun setting, it noted. A new feature this year allowed manufacturers to conduct business during a scheduled meetings time.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Canadian conference co-chairs Tom Dielschneider (Motion Industries Inc.) and David Heal (NSK Canada Inc.) alternated as the conference emcees with updates from PTDA president Ajay Bajaj (Rotator Products Ltd.) and PTDA Foundation President Barbara Ross (Garlock Sealing Technologies).
Dielschneider and Heal led an industry committee of volunteers including Louis Cormier (Timken Canada), Terry Edgar (Can-Ross Environmental Services Ltd.), Don Latham (Belterra Corp.), Craig Pirie (Daemar Inc.), Gerry Prezeau (Rotator Products Ltd.) and Phil Schmidts (NTN Bearing Corp. of Canada Ltd.) to develop a program of educational sessions including:
• Canada’s Economic Climate with Jock Finlayson, EVP and chief policy chair, British Council of British Columbia;
• Energy Market Update with Ron Monk, district energy system practice leader of hydro-consultancy Kerr Wood Leidal (KWL);
• Your Sales Advantage: The Inner Game is Everything with NHL all-star and Stanley Cup winner Ryan Walter;
• Manufacturing Market Update with Ian T. Howcroft, vice president, Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME); and
• Selling the Total Cost of Ownership and Avoiding the Race to the Bottom with Todd Snelgrove.
One participant, John Plut, territory manager of Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies, said of the quality of the speakers, “Fantastic. Best I’ve ever seen. This is exactly the kind of information we need to run our business smarter and better.”