The companies will receive a combined $5,701,738 in non-repayable contributions.
- A.H.M.S. Inc. in Nisku will receive $344,250 to purchase and install equipment to develop and commercialize fluid end technologies.
- C.W. Carry Ltd. in Edmonton will receive $261,107 to purchase and install advanced manufacturing equipment to increase production capacity and efficiency.
- DFI Corporation in Edmonton will receive $500,0000 to design, engineer and manufacture pipe mill line equipment to enable entry into the wholesale piling pipe market.
- Endurance Technologies Inc. in Calgary will receive $1,000,000 to install advanced manufacturing equipment and software to increase processing capabilities.
- GT Metal Products Ltd. in Edmonton will receive $171,238 to purchase a brake press to reduce outsourcing costs, broaden product service offering and increase operational efficiency.
- M.A. Steel Foundry Ltd. in Calgary will receive $466,000 to purchase and install a 3D sand printer and develop a marketing plan to increase productivity and expand capacity.
- Quantiam Technologies Inc. in Edmonton will receive $773,368 to design, assemble and test advanced metal-coating equipment that will enhance productivity and reduce production costs.
- Reggin Industries Inc. in Calgary will receive $489,500 to purchase and install ancillary equipment for a fiber laser system that will increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Southland Trailer Corp. in Lethbridge will receive $822,150 to expand manufacturing of gravel and highway trailers to an additional facility and implement a new production system, reducing waste and cost.
- Unitray Systems Inc. in Edmonton will receive $874,125 to design, purchase, and install a custom robotic welding system for increased manufacturing capacity.
The Steel and Aluminum Initiative supports small and medium-sized businesses operating within Canadian steel and aluminum supply chains, helping them to respond to global market dynamics that impact their competitiveness. Funding supports investments in innovative projects that will enhance productivity and/or augment firm competitiveness.