ISA Global Cybersecurity Alliance unveils its new website
May 24, 2023 | By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The ISA Global Cybersecurity Alliance (ISAGCA) has launched its new website, available at www.isagca.org. ISAGCA is a collaborative forum to advance operational technology (OT) cybersecurity awareness, education, readiness, standardization and knowledge sharing.
As an industry voice in OT cybersecurity and source of the ISA/IEC 62443 standards, the International Society of Automation (ISA) established ISAGCA to address cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities that are clear and present dangers to facilities, processes and the safety of communities around the world.
The new website reportedly presents the multiple ways that ISAGCA conducts its work, including:
- Raising awareness of the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards which are consensus standards for OT cybersecurity
- Encouraging reliance upon ISA/IEC 62443 in laws, regulations and other standards across industry sectors
- Promoting the importance and value of conformity assessment programs that demonstrate compliance with standards
- Helping operating sites respond to and recover from attacks with incident response training and resources
- Offering cybersecurity education and training for management, engineers and technicians
“We believe that cybersecurity merits recognition as a fundamental workplace tenet alongside functionality, efficiency and safety. ISAGCA is our community’s forum where companies who are normally competitors have a safe place to collaborate to make this change a reality. I am honoured to unveil our new website that reflects the importance of this work,” said Andre Ristaino, ISA managing director of global consortia and conformance programs.
The new site also offers free resources to help stakeholders better understand the landscape of cybersecurity for industrial automation and control systems, the ISA/IEC 62443 series of standards and how to apply standards and conformance programs within OT environments.
“When the International Society of Automation (ISA) launched ISAGCA in 2019, we started with six founding members and a huge goal: to transform the way industry identifies and manages cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities,” said Ristaino. “Today, I am proud that more than 50 companies have joined our efforts to elevate OT cybersecurity from an art, to a science, to an engineering discipline.”
- OTTO Motors launches the OTTO Certified Dealer program across North America
- Automate to continue as an annual event; 2024-25 dates announced