NGen’s annual report for 2020-2021 released
August 30, 2021
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
NGen’s annual report for 2020-2021 is now out and available. The report covers what NGen and its Supercluster program have been able to achieve in three years.
According to a statement released by NGen, the company has focussed on innovation priorities and strategic opportunities for Canada’s advanced manufacturing sector. It has built a network of innovators across the country. In the projects and ecosystem initiatives it has funded, NGen has encouraged and promoted a collaborative approach in developing unique and integrated solutions. They are all paying off now.
NGen also notes that its projects are helping to create new opportunities in the industry. It helped manufacturers get critical products to frontline workers. NGen projects are also looking into new approaches to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve environmental sustainability.
Inside the report
All NGen projects can be categorized according to whether they involve the development of new technological processes for advanced manufacturing, the transformation of industrial processes through the implementation of digital technologies, or the development of new ecosystem capabilities including the more widespread diffusion of technologies across Canada’s manufacturing sector. As of the end of March 2021, two-thirds of the investments approved by NGen were directed to advanced manufacturing technology development projects while those projects accounted for 62 percent of total estimated project spending.
Throughout 2020-2021, NGen continued to develop, assess, approve, contact, and support world-leading industry-led advanced manufacturing projects in its open-call mainstream and SME capacity-building programs.
NGen has identified three strategic priorities for 2021-2022:
- Monitor and facilitate the successful completion and commercialization of NGen funded projects.
- Enhance support for advanced manufacturing workforce, SME management, and ecosystem development.
- Raise additional funding in order to sustain NGen’s ability to support world-leading, industry-led advanced manufacturing projects and ecosystem development initiatives.
Read the full report here.
- 7 Steps to Help You Manage EHSQ Incidents that Could Derail your Business
- Sukanya Ray Ghosh named editor of Manufacturing AUTOMATION