June 25, 2009 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management 9.3 is a new offering with advanced risk analysis, an enterprise PLM backbone that integrates other applications and hundreds of productivity-enhancing innovations.
This latest release equips customers to drive profitable innovations, mitigate risk, lower development and product costs and improve productivity across the entire product lifecycle. It also represents the latest milestone for Oracle’s “Applications Unlimited” program, the company says.
• Product Risk Management, Supplier Risk Analysis, Part Risk Analysis, Product Quality Risk Analysis, Product Design Volatility Analysis.
• Analytics enhancements with Agile PLM 9.2.2 and higher, such as Enterprise PLM Backbone allowing companies to integrate existing engineering and enterprise systems.
• SOA Enterprise PLM Platform with modularized web services, event management and extensible scripting for all PLM components including CAD objects to easily deploy, integrate, mash-up and extend product lifecycle processes.
• Integrated Product Master Data Management to manage data mappings, improve data quality and data governance across the heterogeneous systems integrated to the Enterprise PLM Backbone.
• Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) – Continued development of out-of-the-box open standards-based integrations to broader enterprise systems including Oracle and SAP.
• User Productivity Tools, leveraging a Web 2.0 User Interface.
“PLM has become a highly strategic tool that can impact profitability, mitigate risks and improve enterprise productivity,” said Oracle vice-president of PLM product strategy Hardeep Gulati. “With this latest release, Oracle extends its lead in delivering Enterprise-class PLM by giving organizations more out-of-the- box processes to support their corporate initiatives within the framework of a scalable, enterprise PLM backbone.”