PTDA Foundation opens nominations for 2022 leadership awards
May 9, 2022
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) announced that the PTDA Foundation, its charitable arm, is accepting nominations for its Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award and Robert (Bob) K. Callahan Future Leaders Award.
The PTDA Foundation champions education, outreach and research initiatives relevant to the power transmission and motion control (PT/MC) industry that enhance the knowledge and/or professionalism and productivity for industry stakeholders.
The Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award recognizes a woman who, at any stage of her career, is bringing about change as an integral contributor to the success of her company and the PT/MC industry.
The award was established in 2014 to honour the memory of Wendy B. McDonald, one of the PT/MC industry’s pioneers known for her charm, philanthropy and commitment to give back to the industry and the communities that led to her success.
The Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award is presented annually when merited. The nomination deadline for this year’s award is June 10. Eligibility and judgement criteria include:
- The nominee must be a female.
- The nominee must exemplify leadership and integrity in all business relationships.
- There are no criteria with respect to title, position in the company or years of experience.
- The nominee may work anywhere in the world. Employment by a firm headquartered in Canada is a plus.
- The nominee need not be employed full-time by a PTDA member company or be employed within the calendar year for which the nomination is made.
- Employment with a PTDA distributor member is a plus.
The Robert (Bob) K. Callahan Future Leaders Award recognizes young and ambitious individuals who demonstrate a passion and drive to grow within the PT/MC industry. The late Bob Callahan made a lifelong commitment to the support and advancement of next-generation trailblazers in the PT/MC industry. The award was established in 2021 in his honour.
The nomination deadline for this year’s award is June 10. There are no criteria with respect to title or position within a company. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Working in the industry for at least five years.
- Employed by a PTDA member organization at the time of nomination and at presentation.
- Exemplifies leadership and integrity in all business relationships.