PTDA’s workforce initiative adds resources to support industry employers
October 27, 2022 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The Power Transmission Distributors Association’s charitable arm, the PTDA Foundation, has added resources to help the power transmission and motion control industry employers in their recruitment and retention efforts.
Through the PT WORK Force initiative, the association is offering programs and services to assist in this area. All the resources can be accessed, free of charge, at PTWORKForce.org.
In the past nine months, PT WORK Force has helped employers in the industry in the following ways:
- Remain competitive when it comes to vying for top talent with data and benchmarks provided in The Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey
- Discover tips, trends and techniques on recruitment and retention through What’s Trending in Recruitment and Retentionmonthly e-newsletter.
- Stay abreast of timely information on events, resources and engaging news relating to hiring and retention via the PTDA Foundation LinkedIn page
- Consider what’s needed to attract the next generation of employees who bring different interests and expectations to the workplace during the “Branding, Social Recruiting & Candidate Experience: What it Takes to Attract Next Generation Talent” webinar.
- Establish an efficient hiring and selection process, avoid costly hiring mistakes and improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention with the PXT Select assessment tool.
- Identify the right search partner to help find new talent using guidelines and questions in the Recruitment Agency Checklist.
- Solve a few of the HR challenges with advice from industry peers on the PT WORK Force blog, dedicated to delivering actionable ideas.
- Hone in on imperatives for hiring diverse talent during the webinar, “Inclusion in Action: Recruiting and Onboarding Diverse Talent,” so managers and teams understand how best to elevate everyone’s voices.
- Celebrate trailblazing women in our industry like Shawn Marken of BDI, recipient of the 2022 Wendy B. McDonald Woman of the Year Award.
- Recognize the tenacity and spirit of industry up-and-comer Hafeez Hameer of Garlock Sealing Technologies with the second annual Robert K. Callahan Future Leaders Award.
- Learn why forming relationships and alliances is critical to assist employers in combatting the challenges of today’s tight labour market during part four of the “Winning the War For Talent” six-part webinar series.
PT WORK Force has more to offer at the PTDA 2022 Industry Summit.
- Risha Grant, founder and CEO of Risha Grant will emphasize how to minimize biases to attract diverse employees, markets and increase sales during the PTDA Foundation keynote “Get Rid of the BS (Bias Synapse) to Attract Diverse Employees & Markets.”
- The panel discussion, “Build Your Talent Pipeline” will bring together career service directors from technical and industrial programs at colleges and universities to share best practices for engaging the future workforce before they hit the market.