Call for nominations for the CIPEC Leadership Awards
July 18, 2011 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Canada’s top industrial energy efficiency achievements will gain national recognition this fall at Energy 2011, Canada’s industrial energy efficiency conference.
Co-hosted by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME), Energy 2011 will take place in Toronto, Ont., from November 29 to 30, 2011. The awards will be presented at the conference’s CIPEC (Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation) Leadership Awards dinner.
The CIPEC Leadership Awards are an opportunity for companies to showcase their successful energy efficiency projects to fellow leaders and to government and utility officials. Award recipients will receive a plaque during the ceremony and will be featured in Heads Up CIPEC and the 2012 edition of the CIPEC Annual Report.
The awards recognize noteworthy achievements in the areas of corporate stewardship; process and technology improvements; monitoring and tracking; employee awareness and training; and integrated energy efficiency strategies.
The projects are evaluated by a panel of judges against the following five criteria:
• improved energy intensity – reduced energy use per unit of production
• innovation – creativity and ingenuity
• potential for broader use – transferability to other companies or industry sectors
• contribution to the environment – reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and improvement in environmental sustainability
• other benefits – cost benefits, production, quality, maintenance, work environment, improved competitiveness
To qualify for a CIPEC Leadership Award, companies must be registered with NRCan as a CIPEC Leader on or before August 31, 2011, and their energy efficiency projects or initiatives must have started after June 1, 2009. The deadline to submit award nomination forms is September 16, 2011.
Click here for more information.