Nominations for Canada’s Safest Employers Award now open
December 19, 2011 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The hugely successful inaugural year of the first-ever Canada’s Safest Employers Award has led its organizers – Manufacturing AUTOMATION‘s sister publication, Canadian Occupational Safety – to launch a bigger and better competition for 2012.
The search for Canada’s Safest Employers has expanded to all major industries across Canada. One winner will be proclaimed in each of the five new categories for 2012:
• Manufacturing – companies engaged in manufacturing, processing and packaging of goods.
• Building and Construction – firms engaged in construction and maintenance of buildings (commercial, industrial, residential), roads and bridges.
• Mining and Natural Resources – firms engaged in the mining of minerals and other natural resources, including oil and gas and forestry.
• Transportation and Utilities – includes companies directly engaged in or supporting the transportation and utilities industries, including power generation.
• Services – all companies in the service industry, including hospitality, retail, government services, health care and education.
Nominations are now open. Visit www.safestemployers.com to learn more.