Advanced Motion & Controls now offering Euchner and Banner Engineering products
March 11, 2022 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Advanced Motion & Controls recently added Euchner and Banner Engineering as partners to provide industrial automation solutions to its customers.
The company is now offering products manufactured by Euchner and Banner Engineering. Euchner manufactures high-quality switching systems for mechanical and systems engineering. Its focus is on safety for workers, machines and products, from electromechanical and electronic components to intelligent integrated safety solutions.
Banner Engineering specializes in innovations for the data-driven factory – essential in the age of Industry 4.0. Banner products are designed to accommodate the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Banner offers IIoT solutions that have practical applications and advantages. Some allow employees to monitor the efficiency and performance of their production lines, while others let users know when equipment will require maintenance or replacement in the near future.
One useful application is vibration monitoring for predictive maintenance, in a wireless solution that helps to prevent unnecessary downtime. Users can detect issues before they become catastrophic and shut down production, by monitoring motors, pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, and gearboxes for increases in vibration.
Banner IIoT products also offer other applications for smart factories:
- Remote monitoring: Allows higher visibility into the performance and efficiency of machines, processes and employees.
- Overall equipment effectiveness: Remote-monitoring capabilities offer information for OEE calculations, making it simpler for users to identify causes of waste.
- Tank-level monitoring: Monitoring tank levels remotely helps boost efficiency while improving productivity and profit.
- Factory communication: Better communication throughout plants, with streamlined processes for machines and workers.
- IO-Link: Reduced wiring, higher data availability and other benefits.
Euchner develops and manufactures products custom-designed according to customer needs. Its safety switches and guards monitor safety doors on machines and installations.
Euchner makes all of the central components on the newest equipment in-house.
Advanced Motion & Controls now carries the following Euchner products:
- Multi-functional gate boxes: The MGB, MGB2, and MGBS models are available.
- Safety switches: Examples include transponder-coded switches without guard locking, magnetically coded switches and electromechanical switches with or without guard locking.
- Read heads: Transponder-coded read heads with external evaluation.
- Enabling switches: Several series of switches, some with control functions or buttons.
- Emergency stop devices: Including ES devices and RPS rope pull switches.
- Safety-engineering solutions: Various models, some with AS-interface, some according to ATEX directive.