Machine & Operator Safety
Operations & Management
Fire Prevention Month: Top five tips to protect your plant from fire
October 16, 2018 By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
October 16, 2018 – October is Fire Prevention Month, and Johnson Controls has shared some tips with us on how you can mitigate the risk of fire hazards in your plant and promote occupant safety.
Facility protection checklist
- Train employees on emergency preparedness procedures and plans
- Install technologies that can exchange information and detect potential problems earlier, e.g. HVAC connected with fire detection sensors can alert mass notification systems of potential fires
- Identify common fire hazards and how to prevent them
- Incorporate systems that work with your facility’s unique needs, including advanced fire detection and suppression systems
- Regularly test your fire, life safety and security systems. Ensure they are working properly and comply with local laws and safety codes while reducing business disruption.