Latest IIC publication discusses role of IoT in future of supply chains
September 15, 2023
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
The Industry IoT Consortium (IIC) released the latest edition of its Journal of Innovation (JoI) titled The Role of IoT in Shaping the Future of Supply Chains.
“The IoT allows real-time insights into various supply chain processes, including inventory management, transportation, and warehousing,” said Edy Liongosari, chief research scientist at Accenture Labs and chair of the IIC Thought Leadership Task Group. “As this edition of the JoI shows, IoT can revolutionize the way supply chains operate, enabling organizations to enhance their efficiency, reduce costs, and meet the demands of an increasingly globalized and complex marketplace.”
The Role of IoT in Shaping the Future of Supply Chains edition of the JoI includes the following articles:
- Enhancing Supply Chain Operations Using IoT and Digital Twin – Explores IoT and digital twin technologies to improve supply chain operations.
- Early Learnings from a Logistics Testbed – Investigates data logistics ecosystems based on existing IIC testbeds.
- IoT Techniques and Elements for Drone Package Delivery Network – Looks at architectures and elements of drone cargo delivery networks with particular emphasis on IoT techniques, sensors, and actuators.
- Negotiation Automation Platform – Describes a specific type of negotiation platform solution that utilizes AI technology to automate negotiations between economic entities, primarily in the manufacturing and logistics sectors.
- Deloitte report reveals industrial metaverse’s transformational impact on manufacturing industry
- Upping the automated welding game: A case study