Machine & Operator Safety
Operations & Management
WSPS creates online health and safety legislation tracker
January 22, 2019 by Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS)
January 22, 2019 – Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) has created an online tool to help businesses keep track of the latest provincial and federal legislation changes.
The Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Legislation Tracker allows you to:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest legislation changes (Ontario and federal)
- Understand what new legislation means for your business, and
- Learn how the changes affect your health and safety responsibilities.
“The tracker enables users to receive information about new bills, amendments and consultations that Ontario businesses often ask us about,” says Jaskaren Randhawa, the WSPS research program coordinator who led the creation of the new tracker. “Now all of this information is in one spot and in an easy-to-read format.”
How to use the OHS Legislation Tracker:
- Visit: wsps.ca/Legislation to access the tracker.
- Popular topics: View popular pieces of legislation in the header and click to read more.
- Find a topic: Type a keyword into the search engine. For example, “harassment” links you to information about Bill 192, Speaking Out about Workplace Violence and Workplace Harassment Act, 2017.
- Search: Find out more about legislation by jurisdiction (Ontario, federal, or both) or status (first reading, Royal Assent, etc.).
- View the briefing: Each piece of legislation includes a briefing summary that summarizes the legislation and outlines what employers should expect to change in their workplace.
If you need further information on federal or provincial requirements, visit wsps.ca or call WSPS with questions at 1-877-494-WSPS (9777).