Electromate adds Quantum Devices’ QM22 Series miniature encoder to product portfolio
October 24, 2023
By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Electromate recently added Quantum Devices’ QM22 series of optical incremental encoders, to its portfolio of motion control products.
The company shares in a press statement that the product offers a compact, yet robust solution for high-performance motion control and feedback applications. The QM22 encoder series has been engineered to deliver performance in a package approximately the size of a U.S. quarter. It features a 22mm diameter, reportedly providing a space-efficient, high-resolution solution that meets the requirements of modern applications in robotics, automation, and more.
Key features of the product include:
- Size: Its small form factor reportedly enables integration into tight spaces in a wide array of applications, including but not limited to, robotic arms, automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and medical equipment.
- Resolution: The QM22 encoder series offers resolutions up to 2,048 cycles per revolution (CPR) or 8,192 counts per revolution when used with a x4 count quadrature decoder, making it ideal for high-precision tasks.
- Durability: The QM22 encoder is built with a fully encapsulated rugged housing designed for optimal operation in challenging industrial environments.
- Kollmorgen’s Goldline high-voltage servo motors achieve ATEX and IECEx/cETLus status
- Rockwell to expand cybersecurity offering with Verve Industrial Protection acquisition