Galil releases its latest generation single axis motion controller
January 11, 2023 by Sukanya Ray Ghosh
Galil’s new DMC-3x01x motion controller series is its latest generation single-axis motion controller. The products use a 32-bit RISC processor to provide higher speed than the older models.
Galil has simplified the programming of the DMC-3x01x with two-letter commands and a full set of software tools for servo tuning and analysis.
The DMC-3x01x motion controller series is available as a compact card-level or box-level unit. It connects to a stepper or servo motor amplifier of any power range. The series can be purchased with an internal 800-Watt brushless sine drive or microstepping drive. It operates stand-alone or can be networked to a PC via Ethernet. Modes of motion include point-to-point positioning, position tracking, jogging, contouring, electronic gearing and ecam.
The prominent features of the series include:
- Two daisy-chainable Ethernet 100 Base-T ports. One 115kbaud RS232 port
- Ethernet supports multiple masters and slaves. TCP/IP, UDP and Modbus TCP master protocol for communication with I/O devices
- Encoder feedback up to 15 MHz. Quadrature standard. SSI and BiSS encoder option(SER). Sinusoidal Encoder option (DMC-31xxx). Main and auxiliary encoder inputs
- Non-volatile memory for programs, variables, and arrays.
- Concurrent execution of four programs.
- Optically isolated forward and reverse limit inputs and homing inputs
- Eight uncommitted, isolated inputs and four isolated outputs
- High-speed position latch and output compare
- Two uncommitted 12bit 0-5V analog inputs (16bit ±10V inputs on DMC-31xxx) and one uncommitted analog output
- Standard power input is +/-12V and 5V. The controller is available with optional DC-DC converter with 9-48VDC single supply input. (Option for 20-80 VDC).