Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP): Up to $100K in grants
August 25, 2020
By Mentor Works
Ontario automotive manufacturers can now receive funding support when they introduce new lean manufacturing or technology to their businesses through the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program (O-AMP).
Funding via the program is meant to help modernize Ontario’s automotive supply chain and make it more competitive against national and international markets.
Successful applicants of the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program could receive up to 50 per cent of eligible costs up to $100,000 in funding.
The program provides automotive funding for technology adoption and lean manufacturing processes. It is important to note that the O-AMP has a short intake intake period, with an upcoming deadline of October 7, 2020.
About the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program supports automotive manufacturers that improve operational efficiency and competitiveness through the adoption of lean manufacturing processes and Industry 4.0-related technologies, including hardware/software implementation and training.
The adoption of new technology and lean manufacturing training can eliminate production bottlenecks and inefficiencies and decrease overall costs.
Eligible applicants: Ontario Automotive Modernization Program
Applicants interested in applying for the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program should fit into the following criteria:
- SME (<500 employees OR <$1B annual revenue);
- Financially positive;
- Only one application per company;
- Minimum of two years of financial statements; and
- Ontario automotive parts manufacturers (at least 50 per cent of total revenues must be generated from the automotive supply sector).
Eligible projects: Ontario Automotive Modernization Program
Projects that receive automotive funding from the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program must advance production cycle management and improve competitiveness through advanced IT adoption and/or improve operational efficiency and competitiveness through lean manufacturing practices.
Projects cannot start before being approved for funding. The two eligible project categories include:
- Technology adoption
- Lean manufacturing practices
Eligible expenses: O-AMP Automotive Funding
Expenses eligible for Ontario manufacturing grants include:
- LEAN training;
- Implementation costs;
- Labour (e.g., project management); and
- Materials – May be eligible if it directly relates to a software implementation and leverages benefits of that software.
Ineligible expenses: O-AMP Ontario Automotive Grants
Expenses ineligible to receive funding support include:
- Research and development;
- Infrastructure costs (e.g., building and facilities); and
- Capital costs (e.g., vehicles and equipment).
Apply for the Ontario Automotive Modernization Program
The Ontario Automotive Modernization Program is currently open, but has a short intake period, with a quickly approaching deadline of Wednesday October 7, 2020.
If you already have a project in mind and need assistance with your O-AMP application, contact us at Mentor Works.
- Fiat Chrysler recalls diesel engines to fix stalling problem
- Feds invest $7.8M in three York Region advanced manufacturers