Machine & Operator Safety
Operations & Management
What’s on at Ontario’s Partners in Prevention 2019 health and safety show
March 27, 2019 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
March 27, 2019 – Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) will focus on the individual – the ‘safety superhero’ who advocates for health and safety in their workplace – at its annual Partners in Prevention conference.
“What’s Your Story” is the theme for Canada’s largest and longest-running health and safety conference and trade show. Partners in Prevention 2019 runs April 30 and May 1, 2019 at The International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, in Mississauga, Ontario.
The event will feature over 60 educational sessions that focus on legislative and legal issues, leadership, human resources, hazards, mental health and workplace culture and is complemented by an expansive trade show floor showcasing the latest innovations, market trends, products and services to improve workplace safety and productivity. Sessions will feature real stories about hot topics and emerging trends, including:
• Millennial Management
• Cannabis – Six Months In
• Mental Health in the Workplace Forum
• How to Identify, Prevent and Take Action Against Harassment in the #MeToo Era
• Big Data and Its Future in Safety
• Inspections vs. Investigation, and more.
Celebrated keynote speakers will include:
• Rick Mercer, Canadian comedian, TV personality, political satirist and author;
• Scott Stratten, one of the “Top Five Social Media Influencers in the World” on Forbes.com;
• Mark Henick, whose TEDx talk, with over 5 million views, “Why We Choose Suicide” is among the most watched in the world
Conference registration is now open. Participants can choose from two-day, one-day and trade show only (free with registration until April 12) registrations, as well as individual pricing for professional development courses. For more information or to register, visit PartnersinPreventionConference.com or contact the WSPS Customer Care Department: toll-free at 1-877-494-9777.