Education & Training
Schunk opens service and technology centre in Houston
March 25, 2017 by Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Mar. 25, 2017 – Schunk recently held an official grand opening event to launch its new service and technology centre in Houston, Texas.
According to the company, manufacturers in the area will benefit from the centre as it offers:
• Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of workholding, toolholding systems and automation accessories;
• Local stock and parts inventory available for same-day dispatch;
• Factory-trained service technicians onsite boasting more than 30 years of experience in installing and servicing all brands of chucks;
• Advice and assistance in identifying manufacturing challenges and implementing solutions; and
• A showroom with demonstration machinery to showcase the latest products.
The Tec-Center also features a milling machine, lathe, air chuck display and robotic machine-loading display, letting visitors see a variety of processes using real parts and machines.
“The feedback from our customers is extremely positive, they are excited to have this wonderful resource close-by for their service, repair and stock needs,” said Stefan Kiedels, senior sales manager.