Siemens adds real-time supply chain intelligence to Siemens Xcelerator and its digital twin technology
June 13, 2023 | By Manufacturing AUTOMATION
Siemens Digital Industries Software is integrating the Supplyframe Design-to-Source Intelligence platform with its Siemens Xcelerator portfolio of software and services to bring real-time supply chain intelligence to its digital twin technology.
Starting with the incorporation of the Supplyframe Design-to-Source Intelligence platform with Siemens’ Xpedition software for electronic systems design, the fully integrated solution, available now, reportedly provides real-time visibility into global component availability, demand, cost, compliance and associated parametric data at the point of design.
Combining Siemens’ knowledge in printed circuit board (PCB) design and analysis technologies with Supplyframe’s market intelligence, the new solution can help customers reduce costs, increase agility and make informed component decisions at the point of design. By synchronizing data from the product lifecycle management (PLM) and electronics computer-aided design (ECAD) domains, the solution engineering organizations streamline the selection, creation and management of components during electronic systems design.
Siemens’ new, integrated offering reportedly delivers a range of functionalities and use cases for engineering organizations developing next-generation PCB designs, including:
- Push-button access to detailed component intelligence on over 600 million manufacturer part numbers
- Elimination of manual data entry and library maintenance tasks.
- Detailed part comparison views, “what-if” part selection analysis and digitally managed workflows.
- Real-time part-level audits for streamlined risk assessments during design capture.
- OTTO Motors’ CEO Matt Rendall among finalists for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2023
- GM’s $280 million investment to boost next-generation truck production at Oshawa Assembly